Monday 5th September
Give thanks for:
- Praise God for the “Summer in the Park” events over the school holidays. Thank God for the new people who came along and for the church family working hard to welcome them and chat with them.
- Thank God for the “Family Fun Week” – again for the church family who worked hard to put good events on and for the many warm contacts who came along and heard more about the life, death and resurrection of Jesus.
Please pray for:
- Pray for lasting gospel fruit from both of these initiatives – for more of the church family to see the importance and blessing of serving the Lord together, and for whole households in our community to come to faith in Jesus Christ.
- Pray for the Bible overview “Life” sermon series in September and October and the series in Ruth in November and December to grow the church family in their love for God, for his people and for the unbelieving world around.
- Pray that the Christ Church Network Mission week from Monday 26th September to Sunday 2nd October would see members of CC Riverside being very bold in their invitations and gospel proclamation and sacrificial in their service. Pray for our door-to-door work to bear fruit in the lead-up to that mission week.
- Pray for our leadership team as each member takes on more responsibility for a ministry area and for the elders (Pete, Tim and Abraham) as they seek to support and stimulate this work. Pray especially that the relaunch of our “Life Groups” will see more more of the church family involved in this key part of our church.