Why Plant with AMiE?
If you plant with AMiE, we will provide the following as you seek to pioneer a new gospel church:
We want to do all we can to ensure that you are the right person in the right place with the right plan. Church planting is challenging, so we want to show our love for you by asking the right questions at an early stage. More details about our Assessment Process can be found below.
AMiE will provide the following support to new church plants:
- Access to our ‘Church in a Box’ resources to help with the legal and financial requirements of church planting. This will include guidance and recommendations on topics such as safeguarding, employment contracts, payroll, giving, constitutions etc.
- Advice on how to raise financial support for the initial stages of the church plant.
- Coaching by a more experienced church planter, so that you have someone
on hand to help think through issues and work through any problems.
- Being part of a fellowship of gospel churches will provide you with mutual encouragement, prayer and the sharing of best ministry practice and resources.
- We run an annual conference, which provides spiritual, emotional and physical refreshment for AMiE ministers, their wives and other members of senior leadership teams. They also help deepen our love and affection for each other.
- Since our churches are Anglican by conviction, they benefit from godly episcopal leadership. Our Bishops serve our congregations through their biblical teaching, prayerfulness, sharing of their ministry wisdom, and their active relational care.
- AMiE churches are connected with the global Anglican family through GAFCON.
The Assessment Process
Following on from the initial conversations, we will begin gathering information. You will be asked to complete a range of documents which will help us to understand more about you as a person, the place you are looking to plant into and the plan you have for doing so. References will also be taken up at this stage.
An assessment visit lasts for 24 hours and is led by two experienced AMiE leaders. We love to come to where you are, as this gives us the opportunity to see your current life and ministry context. Our aim on this visit is to thoroughly explore whether you are the right person in the right place with the right plan.
In discerning whether you are the right person to lead the plant, the assessors will ask you questions based on the following six areas: conversion, character, convictions, competence, capacity and context. There will be an opportunity to talk in detail about your plan for church planting and the AMiE leaders will offer advice and wisdom where appropriate. There will also be time for a tour of the place you are hoping to plant into and a discussion around the need and viability of a new church in your chosen location.
If the decision is made to proceed with an AMiE church plant, the Planting Director will talk through what support is needed for the next stages. Typically, it will take around 6 months to complete this assessment process.