Monday 20th September
Give thanks for:
- Give thanks for our Summer in the Park initiative and for contacts made and good conversations had.
- Give thanks that we can now sing altogether in our Sunday services.
- Give thanks for a wonderful celebration service earlier in September which included the ordinations of Rob Tearle (as Presbyter) and Richard Hawes (as Deacon).
- Give thanks for our mid-week activities in the Newland Christian Centre and that we’ve been able to start doing food and games (as well as bible study!). Give thanks that these have been really well attended.
Please pray for:
- Please pray for our international work, particularly the ministry amongst our Iranian brothers and sisters. Pray that they would grow in their knowledge and love of Christ.
- Pray for the restarting of our Sunday afternoon Congolese/ Banyamulenge service this week which takes place in the Kinyarwanda language. Pray they that would be united in love for each other and for the Gospel.
- It’s Fresher’s Week at the University of Hull, so please pray for our student ministry – Rooted in Christ. There are a number of activities planned through out the week, so please pray for our students as they go out onto the campus, that they would be bold in their conversations. Please pray that God would move mightily amongst that students and that we would see many come to Christ.
- Please pray for the evangelistic events we have planned, in October, November and December. Pray that people would be old in inviting their non-Christian friends along and that God would use these events, conversations and the relationships developed to bring many to salvation.