Monday 9th November
Give thanks for:
- We are really grateful for the chance to meet in person over the last few weeks, and in particular for the enthusiasm we’ve seen from the children and youth to get together and engage with one another and with Jesus.
- We are thankful for the appointment of a Caretaker and Buildings Manager – two position vacant for some time – who will help us serve another and our city centre community well with the use of our building.
- We praise God for the quick settling in of a new Ministry Trainee and Youth and Children’s Worker, both of whom have hit the ground running and worked really well to serve the families and younger members of our church.
- We are grateful for good health among our church family, and that COVID-19 has affected only a small number of our body and in minor ways.
Please pray for:
- Please pray for adjustment to the new lockdown restrictions, particularly after the joy of regathering. Pray this would not see people drift away from the church family.
- Please join us in praying for our Christmas outreach, and for wisdom in reaching out with a much-needed message of hope in these uncertain times in a way that is within the rules and yet still meaningful.
- Pray with us as we continue to work out what it means to be a city centre church – for our work with families, students, internationals, and the vulnerable. We have many opportunities and seek to glorify the Lord in them.
- Please pray for an upcoming course on anxiety, which we hope to open up to church family and the general public – that this would be both helpful and a real signpost to the God of all comfort.