Monday 16th October
Give thanks for:
- Give thanks for the appointment of a new Trainee Minister and pray for him and his family as they settle in to life in the North east. He is currently going through the AMiE ordination process.
- We give thanks for those on the fringes of church and who have come along recently. Our emphasis this year is on seeking to get alongside them and disciple them well. Please pray that we would all be ‘everyday missionaries’. Pray for those considering starting 1:1 or small group Bible Studies. Pray that God would be working in their friends’ hearts to draw them to Him.
- Give thanks for a good start to our evening service, which has particularly provided a home for our growing number of young people. Pray for them as they meet together after the service at our ‘Encounter’ group. Pray that they would be rooted and established in their faith and give thanks for their leaders’ willingness to serve God with these young people.
Please pray for:
- St Joseph’s will have a new governance structure from November, having recently set up its own charity, The St Joseph’s Benwell Church Trust. Pray that the new structure enables us to be more effective in evangelism and discipleship to the glory of God and that it sets down good foundations which will serve the church well long after we are gone!
- Please pray for anyone who came to our Try Out Church Sunday services on the 8th October. Pray that God would work in their hearts and that we would follow them up appropriately.
- We are trying out new ways of meeting up for meals and our first “Connect Meal” was on Sunday 15th October. Two mid-week groups are invited, another two cook and serve a meal. Recent Newcomers are also invited and encouraged to attend our Belonging Course afterwards.
- Regular weekday events include: KidsZone after school club on Mondays, Community Café on Tuesdays, Mid Week Groups on Wednesdays, Middle Eastern Ministry with an ever increasing group of (mostly) Iranians meeting to study the Bible on Thursdays, Womens’ Bible Studies on Fridays and Mondays and Fri Up Youth Club on Friday evenings.